Saturday, August 11, 2012

Packed Lunches for Adults.

By now everyone has seen the websites with creative lunch ideas for kids. Call me crazy, but I still pack my own lunch. I am almost 27 years old and because of budget concerns, lack of time for lunch between clinic times (in dental school), I need something quick and ready to eat. Also because we are trying to work on being a bit healthier, it helps with portion control and allows me to get all the nutrients I need. This is my first weeks lunches and hopefully I will stick with it and have lots more ideas for lunch ideas for adults. To see more lunches: CLICK HERE

Cherries/Grapes+ String Cheese + Pasta Salad

I cooked almost a whole bag of egg noodles on Sunday and then used them during the week for different things. I just threw 1/2 cup noodles in there with my Spaghetti Jar Veggies, which you can read about here. I paired this with a bag of Trader Joe's kettle corn popcorn, which is DELICIOUS.

292 calories.



Cut Veggies: Cucumbers, Celery, Peppers +
Trader Joe's Three Layer Hummus (YUM!) +
1 cup grapes

162 Calories
(not enough for lunch so I added Bolthouse Farms Chocolate Protein Shake w/ milk)




Spinach Salad with Spaghetti Jar Veggies
+ Cherries + String Cheese


112 calories


Chicken Salad + Oranges + 1/2 tortilla + Pickle
307 calories

I made my own chicken salad and I feel like I've gotten this down to an artform. It's so delicious and healthy (No MAYO!!) I cook 2 bone in chicken... I boil it in water with a little salt for about 60 minutes. I run it under cold water. The chicken falls off the bone in big pieces. Into the kitchen aid mixer on high until shredded. In another bowl 8 ounces of plain greek yogurt, a little white wine, some dill, seasoned salt, black and white pepper, lemon juice. Add to kitchen aid mixer and mix on slow speed. Add grapes and walnuts. Easy, easy, easy, and HEALTHY. Protein packed, low fat, delicious chicken salad. I put it in a large yogurt container with a date and use it all week.


No comments:

Post a Comment